LE VERGER ~ TERMS & CONDITIONS
1. To reserve "Le Verger" (now referred to as "the Property"), you "The Client" should complete and sign the Booking Form and return it together with the transfer payment of the initial non refundable deposit (35% of the total Rent due) to us "The Owner". Following the receipt of these The Owner will send confirmation of The Booking to The Client. This is the formal acceptance of The Booking.
2. The balance of the Rent together with the security deposit (see clause 3) is payable not less than 8 the weeks before the start of the Rental Period. If payment is not received by the due date The Owner reserves the right to give notice in writing that the reservation is cancelled. The Client will remain liable to pay the balance of the Rent unless The Owner is able to re-let the Property. In this event clause 4 of these Booking conditions will apply. Reservations made within 8 the weeks of the start of the Rental Period require full payment at the time of Booking.
3. A security deposit of £300 is required in case of any damage to the Property and its contents. However, the sum reserved by this clause shall not limit The Client's liability to The Owner. The Owner will account to The Client for the security deposit and refund the balance two weeks after the end of the Rental Period.
4. Subject to clauses 1 and 2 above, in the event of a cancellation, refunds of amounts over the deposit paid may be made if The Owner is able to relet the Property at the full rate and any expenses or losses will be deducted from the refundable amount.
The Client is strongly advised to arrange a comprehensive travel insurance policy (including cancellation cover) and to have full cover for the party's personal belongings, public liability etc, since these are not covered by The Owner's insurance.
European Health Insurance Cards to cover medical expenses incurred in France are also strongly recommended.
5. The Rental Period shall commence at 4pm on the first day and finish at 10am on the last day. The Owner shall not be obliged to offer the accommodation before the time stated and The Client shall not be entitled to remain in occupation after the time stated.
6. The maximum number to reside in the Property is clearly stated in the the website (eight people) and must not be exeeded. It is intended that the house, garden, hot tub and swim spa, etc should be used by The Client and members of their party only. If the number in the party changes The Owner must be advised accordingly. The Owner has the right at all times to refuse entry to any person on their Property.
7. The Client agrees to be a considerate tenant and to take good care of the Property and to leave it in a clean and tidy condition at the end of the tental period. Although a final clean is included in the price The Owner reserves the right to make a retention from the security deposit to cover additional cleaning costs if The Client leaves the Property in an unacceptable condition.
8. If available and when requested the Property can be heated. The cost depending on the consumption will be calculated at the time of your departure and deducted from the security deposit.
9. The Client shall report to The Owner without delay any defects in the Property or breakdown in the equipment, plant, machinery or appliances in the Property, garden or hot tub / swim spa and arrangements for repair and or replacement will be made as soon as possible.
10. The Owner shall not be liable to The Client for any temporary defect or stoppage in the supply of public services to the Property nor in the respect of any equpment, plant, machinery or appliances in the Property, garden, or hot tub / swim spa.
Nor shall The Owner be responsible for any loss, damage or injury whatsoever caused accidentally or which is the result of adverse the weather conditions, riot, war, strikes or other matters beyond the control of The Owner.
Nor shall The Owner be responsible for any loss, damage or inconvenience caused to or suffered by The Client If the Property shall be destroyed or substantially damaged before the start of the Rental Period and in any such event The Owner shall within 7 days of notification to The Client refund to The Client all sums previously paid in respect of the Rental Period.
11. Under no circumstances shall The Owner's liability to The Client exceed the amount paid to The Owner for the Rental Period.
12. The Client must agree that there will be NO SMOKING and NO PETS allowed at the Property.